Engineers Ireland - Cork Region
Promoting the art
and science of engineering and representing the interests of the engineering
Engineers Ireland is the operating name of
The Institution of Engineers of Ireland - Cumman na nInnealtóirí
To find out more about the Cork Region and our activities - visit the Committee
and Diary pages.
Visit the News page for an update on recent events and information
Latest News update.....
18-06-2017.... Our 2017-2018 Cork Region Committee was officially elected at our recent AGM. The new committee is currently planning a comprehensive calendar of events for the next 12 months. We would welcome your views and suggestions. Please contact the committee members by email or phone - contact details are on our Committee page.
16-08-2017.... LEO, Cork City schedules Autumn Programmes for Owners/Managers in the Micro Business Sector
The Local Enterprise Office, Cork City has scheduled a wide range of courses commencing this Autumn to assist those working in the micro business sector. The programme includes:
* City Retail Support Programme, with James Burke, Food & Business Retail Advisor
* Start Your Own Business
* Family Business Succession Planning
* Training Online Voucher – Information Seminar
* Managing the Money in the Small Business
* Facebook Advertising (advanced)
* Effective Marketing & PR for Small Businesses
* How to create online marketing videos using your smartphone
* Instagram for Business (beginners)
Further information on course content etc. is available on:
Summer 2017.... Our 2017-2018 Cork Region Committee was officially elected at our AGM in April. The new committee is currently planning a comprehensive calendar of events for the next 12 months. We would welcome your views and suggestions. Please contact the committee members by email or phone - contact details are on our Committee page.
Events are open to both Members and Non-Members of Engineers Ireland
| 26/09/2017 ||Solvent Recovery using Pervaporation
JOINT ENGINEERS IRELAND / ICHEME
Speaker: David Gladman (Deltamem AG)
Pervaporation and vapour permeation are often used in conjunction with distillation columns for the separation of azeotropes and for the recovery of solvents. Deltamem was is an MBO from the former membrane technology of Sulzer Chemtech. The company has over 35 years experience with these technologies and has installed up to
200 pervaporation plants to date and are actively developing the technology.
Time: 18:30 (Tea/coffee from 18:00)
Location: Cork Institute of Technology
Click here for more information
| 03/10/2017 ||Clean-In-Place
Engineers Ireland Chemical & Process Division lecture
18.30 Tuesday 3rd October
Martin Quealy of Ecolab will give a talk on Clean-In-Place. It will focus on the food and beverage industries
Clean In Place (CIP) is a key technology in the food and beverage
industry where hygiene and quality are key priorities. Many CIP
concepts are used in the Biotechnology industry. Optimum design
avoids quality problems while minimising cycle time, water usage,
chemical usage and energy consumption. The lecture will explain
key principles and design options.
Click here for more information
| 12/10/2017 ||Managing People Programme (4 Days)
Thursday 12th & Friday 13th, and Thursday 19th & Friday 20th October 2017
The primary objective of Ibec's Managing People Programme is to enable front-line managers to make a more effective contribution to the organisation by developing core skills central to managing people at work.
On completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
* Understand and appreciate the full extent and importance of your role in managing people
* Improve your interpersonal skills to enable you to deal more effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and act with greater confidence
* Acquire the key tools for managing people through a practical approach to skills development in such areas as motivation, managing problem behaviours, counselling, assertiveness and negotiations.
* Develop an appreciation of grievance and disciplinary procedures and improve your effectiveness in handling issues in these areas.
* Gain an overview of the key areas of employment legislation and become more confident when dealing with queries in relation to these.
For more details please copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
Location: Ibec, Knockrea House, Douglas Road, Cork,